Green Spade Vermiculite is a mica-like special mineral (Iron magnesium aluminum silicate), which expands around 15 times in volume by popping effect when heated to 1,600 oF. The result of expansion enhances the substance's moisture absorption and water retention capabilities as well as allows free air passage i.e. the vital aeration to the roots of the plant.
• Inorganic and does not deteriorate. Last for over 20 years
• Exhibits excellent water retention
• Improves aeration of soil of soil
• Has a pH of 6.0 - 7.0
• Has available plant nutrient
• Sterile locally exfoliated at 1600oF
• Free from weeds and diseases
• Serves as an effective insulator to reduce soil temperature
• Clean, odorless, lightweight, easy and safe to handle.
• Seeds raising – accelerate germination and improves growth. It can be used for large and medium size and fine seeds
• Planting trees and shrubs: Increases water holding capacity and aeration. It is suitable for most trees and shrubs.
• Hydroponics: Sterile, lightweight aggregate is ideal for hydroponics.